View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Just got my 2017 a few months ago. First thing I did was read the manual all the way thru and was upset I didnt have "office". How does a 2017 BMW not read and create text messages?

Luckily, my Motorola Z2 phone is pushing incoming text messages to the car. When my Moto goes into "driving mode" (by either detecting the speed the phone is moving, or I linked driving mode to the car's bluetooth connection) and I get a text, the car thinks I have an incoming call. At that point the I hear the phone over the car speakers asking me if I want it to read the text to me. The care;s screen says "incoming call from MotoZ2". After I'm done hearing the text, the car disconnects and goes back to what it was doing (playing music etc).

If I want to create a text, I long press the "Voice" button on the steering wheel. Then a new fake call is pushed to the phone. At that point I'm talking to Google thru the car speakers and mic and I can tell it to create a text, load an app, whatever you can normally tell Google assistant to do on the phone.

Is that everyone else's experience or is it all Moto apps doing that?
Appreciate 0