pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturk View Post
I've just signed up for my first HPDE as well....

How are you prepping your car? I have full bolt ons, but street friendly pads, I figured I might just get some race pads for the car, and bed them in a few days before the event.
tune it down as much as you can, keep it in D in comfort mode.

I can guarantee that power will be too much for a first timer. Concentrate on listening to your instructor and being smooth, hitting apexs, brake zones....

Your not playing Forza or GT.

For prep, take everything out of the car, including matts. Everything goes..
Nothing in glove box, under seats, in side pockets, all of it out.

Have a helmet, and leave it in your car. Make sure its snell 15 at least.

Have decent street tires, not runflats, with life left, no cords.

Run motul 600 fluid, so full brake fluid flush a week or so before your event.
Run Pads based on weight of car, driving style, speed, and track.... EBC yellows will probably be fine, OEM pads will turn to mush in just a few laps, you might not have anything left to drive home on, but they will last a day.

Bring some sand paper in case you need to skuff your pads/rotors from glazing to get home.

Bring a few giant black garbage bags... Can be used to store things you left in the car that you didint take out and as a rain poncho if needed.

Bring plenty of drinks and cash for fuel... Expect 1/4 tank per session to burn out.. Keep the car a little over half way before each session to avoid the CEL from the starved fuel pump.

Stay near the track the night before... Driving 3 hours to a track day, to drive home 3 hours sucks... stay at a local spot, wake up early, get gas and b-fast, be early to the track. Pick out your spot for the day, unload, get on line for tech, than go sign in and get your folder, stickers, etc.... Listen for driver meeting instructions.
I would probably set chassis to sport and keep drivetrain to comfort. Car gets a bit wobbly with the comfort suspension
Appreciate 1
bryan_G011164.50