View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #57
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver1029 View Post
I agree, Mineral White is truly an amazing color and well worth the extra money. Alpine White doesn't hold a candle to it when you compare them in real life. Looking at the reflectors I got from you guys though, they don't have Mineral White's signature pearlescence...there is no 'metallicness' to it. It's as flat as Alpine White. All the BMWs I've seen in Mineral White don't seem to have such extreme individual tone discrepancies, so I don't know how having my car's paint matched in-house really would have made a difference. I'm not an expert in paint, but a 3 stage painting process for white seems a little arduous. It's better than the stupid orange s**t reflectors that come with it but nonetheless I obsess over every detail and I can't stop looking at these painted reflectors and wish they came out better. What would your support manager be able to do?
Having the vehicle in-house allows us to tint the reflectors and try different gun angles for the pearl coat. All pearl paints are called 3 stage as the pearlescent coat is a stage separate from the base coat and clear coat. This is what gives the paint the color changing property.