quiksilver1029
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i Mineral White M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our painted reflectors. Mineral white is a great color, but is a 3 stage paint. 3 stage paints depend on many variables to get an exact match and without the vehicle in-house it is nearly impossible to get 100%. We have noticed variance between vehicles and even panel to panel on the same vehicle. For instance, a few posts above yours is a Mineral White M235 with a good match. We charge the additional $15 as it is simply more expensive to paint a 3 stage.

We do try our best to alert our clients and vendors of this variance, but sadly we are not able to reach everyone. If you are interested, please send an email to support@ind-distribution.com. Our support manager can then reach out to **********s.
I agree, Mineral White is truly an amazing color and well worth the extra money. Alpine White doesn't hold a candle to it when you compare them in real life. Looking at the reflectors I got from you guys though, they don't have Mineral White's signature pearlescence...there is no 'metallicness' to it. It's as flat as Alpine White. All the BMWs I've seen in Mineral White don't seem to have such extreme individual tone discrepancies, so I don't know how having my car's paint matched in-house really would have made a difference. I'm not an expert in paint, but a 3 stage painting process for white seems a little arduous. It's better than the stupid orange s**t reflectors that come with it but nonetheless I obsess over every detail and I can't stop looking at these painted reflectors and wish they came out better. What would your support manager be able to do?

2015 F22 Mineral White Metallic M-Sport 228i
2007 E92 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 328i
Appreciate 0