View Single Post
      03-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #24
staticcornflake
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I'm also 6'1" and have been using my 228i as a daily for 6 months. Work commute is about 20 minutes of stop and go traffic, but I've also done some 4+ hour trips with one person in the back, and a lot of shorter trips around town with the car full.

As others have said getting yourself into the back is the biggest maneuver, but when back there the front seats have these little indentations for your knees on the back that actually buy a bit of space for the rear legroom as well. I do wish there was a center console in the back vs. the useless little plastic cutout area.

I've owned smaller cars (S2000) and larger (Explorers) and I find this car super comfortable, especially with the sport seats. I'm never fatigued and the trunk space is actually pretty great for how small the car looks from the outside. It's basically a sedan trunk.

Road noise can be noticeable in LA but I attribute that more to the crappy roads and the factory RFT's that I'm still on, I plan on going to MPSS's whenever these wear out.

Also random thought, my dealer (and the internet) told me that I'd be curbing my wheels all the time and blowing RFT's in potholes and after 6 months I still haven't...

If you can find one, I'd look for the THP. I didn't know about that when I got my car, but my biggest complaint is the floaty suspension, THP gives you adjustable through the driving modes.
Appreciate 0