View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 10:26 PM   #11
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow2_ View Post
Does anyone know of this problem? Gunned my car today and it would not go past around 5k rpms and is doing what is shown in the video but no codes were thrown. Any help would be appreciated. Plugs and coils were changed around 11k miles ago and are the NGK plugs. Car is a 2015 M235i x drive with fbo and a bootmod stage 2 91 ots tune (putting 93 octane in car though). Around 62k miles on the car and is pretty well maintained: recently did the differentials and transmission fluid change and regularly do oil every 5k miles. This has happened before like twice but I never really thought much of it cause it goes away but it happened again and im starting to worry.

- Another thing to note is that my car eats oil. Don't know if its cause of the tune or anything (or just cause its an n55) but about every 2 to 3k miles it tells me to add a quart. Had that warning pop up last week but put did an oil change about 2k miles ago adding 5 quarts. Seems a little fishy to me but I thought it was normal given the n55 loves oil and given the fact that im tuned it didn't make me think much of it.

I'm no expert in log reading but I see my fuel pump dipping: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ff2...0b431a1b66c45b

Vid link:
Go stock plugs, having the same issue. I'm switching my ngks and pr coils back to stock and back to ots 93. I went so many different ways about it and this is like the second to last option I have
Appreciate 0