Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Correct. I'll likely buy a GT4 instead. I like my premium German cars and German firearms too for that matter to be made in Germany. If BMW is going to build in Mexico for financial gain, where is my discount at? I can assure you there wouldn't be one, and for me, that's just too messed up for me to play ball.
The mere fact you feel you deserve a discount because it's made in a different plant than it's homeland is just not the best thinking sorry to say. You aren't entitled to anything. As long as you're getting a premium vehicle that's reliable is mainly what you should care about.
No. You misunderstand. I do not feel entitled to anything. I'm the one with $75k-$100k to spend on a car and have certain criteria/desires out of the car before I feel like it's worth giving up that kind of money. If anything, BMW is the one feeling "entitled" if they want to build a cheaper car and think I will hand over all my hard-earned cash as if they are selling me a premium car built in a premium manufacturing environment (in terms of labor and materials cost). My comment about a discount was an analogy for the sake of making a point. If you didn't get that, well, I'd say it's hopeless having this discussion with you.