View Single Post
      12-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
bulletrs
M-OCD
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Well since no one answers i'll answer myself to help others.

It seems the seller sold me a fake M2 cluster where only the M2 dials are Original and the rest is from a MPH!! M140ix with KMH dials , i found out when reading the eeprom, I checked the VIN inside.

Anyway, i was able to erase the mileage and vin. I desolderd the chip and put it in my R270 1.20 programmer. i reset the odometer with the built-in software option. Then I read the eeprom and saved the BIN, edited the BIN with HxD and searched for the short VIN that was located at three locations. I cleared the VIN with FF and wrote it back to the eeprom. I soldered the eeprom to the mainboard, installed the kombi in my car and programmed it to my car with esys, it is working without tamper dot. But the scale is way off, when i'm driving 100kmh, the dial shows 80kmh, the cruise control and speed limit is in MPH. And that is because the seller scammed me, the digital part of the cluster is from a "normal" MPH BMW that has dials up to 160MPH/260KMH, he or someone else installed M2 KMH dials on that cluster and sold it has 100% Original F87 M2. Now i'm looking into this if i can change it. Probably not.

Stupid seller who scammed me, go figure, he sold me a MPH cluster, from a KMH M140ix with M2 dials...

2015 F22 M235i N55 EWG | M Performance | 18" VMR710 | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | MHD Tune | XHP Tune | GFB DV+ T9356 | NGK SILZKBR8D8S 0,5mm | Wagner DownP | Wagner EVO2 Performance Intercooler | VRSF Chargepipe | M Performance Exhaust

Last edited by bulletrs; 12-16-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
///M Houbi1655.00