View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #11
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

I just had my Stage 1 (Elite) .v1 replaced with the .v2 due to recurring CEL (which didn't effect performance, but was an annoyance to see). My car will be going out of warranty at he end of this year, and did not want to have issues going forward or if I decide to keep, trade to sell my car.

That being said, comparing the two tunes, I find the .v2 to still provide plenty of power, in fact seems to smooth out the car's performance through-out the power band compared to the .v1.

The .v2 seems to have shaved some of the rougher edges off the .v1.

The .v1 dyno numbers show near max torque delivered very early during acceleration which provided a "white knuckle" steering wheel grip (at least for me), but also CEL's. The .v2 torque delivery is now more linear and builds as the car accelerates.

Without a head to head 1/4 mile race between two comparable cars, one with the .v1 and one with the .v2, to determine whether the .v2 is inferior to the .v1 (and then by how much). The .v1's greater TQ delivery so early definitely is noticeable although the .v2 is still very quick and more controlled IMO.

Here is a Dyno chart comparison of the two tunes. A couple of things worth noting.

1. Base HP and TQ numbers (369/415) for the .v1 car compared to the .v2 (381/401). Likely due to conditions when cars were tested. Note- The .v2 car produced more starting stock HP and tuned HP compared to the .v1.

2. .v1 graph start at 2500 RPM, the .V2 starts at 2000 RPM.

Take away what you will from the comparo. 44 lb ft of torque diff between the two cars based on the two runs (favor the .v1), +4 HP (favor .v2) also .v2 carries slightly higher TQ in the higher RPM range..

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=129

My car with the .v2 has smoother power whether I drive the car normally or under harder acceleration. Car is still blazingly quick for what it is.

Overall, the .v2 still provides a noticeable boost in performance from stock.
Appreciate 4
kianf2264.00
Mehim76.50
dradernh4377.50
PeterWT252.50