11-26-2022, 11:05 AM   #838
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
5 years ago it was pretty common to see posts on this forum and many others that said in 5-10 years we'd all be driving autonomous vehicles. That whole thing has gotten pretty quiet. My point being that yes technology often moves quickly, shockingly fast sometimes. But there are a number of realities that I have posted already that aren't going to be overcome with technology as the logistical realities are what will slow it down.

I've posted on this threat a number of times as well as the Tesla thread and other threads regarding EV's and autonomous vehicles. I'm pretty comfortable with my common sense approach.

I highly suggest looking up tesla's FSD and all it's revisions and rethink that.

When tesla first brought out their first version of FSD, it fucking sucked. This was only in 2020.

Their autopilot system gets mimicked and yet their system is still better. Nothing comes close to tesla's FSD right now on the market for it's price point.

Black tesla on youtube has repeatedly tested it's FSD and all it's revisions and took his car from NNJ to NYC midtown on FSD alone. The earlier programs had many errors but with each update, he documented it and it became better and better. So much that the same drive from NNJ to midtown that had nearly 20 errors and almost 2 accidents turned into ONE error.

I don't full believe in fully autonomous at least for another decade. ANd i believe tesla will be the first.

But even if the system was perfected, would you get into a car with no driver? Would you really trust your car, if it was battle tested to be flawless, to drive you from A to B without you doing anything?

If not, then that's an irrelevant topic as of right now. But we will get there sooner than people think.