View Single Post
      01-23-2023, 10:26 AM   #530
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
I'm not ranting at you, you are good . It's just the idea of mandating stuff that doesn't need mandated.

go back to post 570 where mandated sales rules were brought up. The idea that if you want to sell certain models, you have to invest significantly in certain tools/resources that you may never be able to capitalize on.

Tesla has sales centers, and service centers. A majority of sales centers are not service centers. Imagine if all sales centers needed to service the cars they sold. There are 673 sales centers and 140 service centers. Now apply that to Ford, or any other brand. It seems to work for Tesla. One size fits all rules hurt consumers.
I understand what you’re saying. I kinda disagree that it’s working for Tesla.
Tesla is selling cars to first time buyers. The average person (i.e. me) rely on one car. Not being able to service it, waiting months for parts, etc. is really going to hurt Tesla. I guess we’ll have to wait to see, but I don’t think it’s good long term for them to offer bad customer service and have repeat business.

However, Tesla is not a good example because it doesn’t have dealers (unless things changed). So, they can decide what to do. When you work in partnership with others (manufacturers and dealers) you have to have agreements in place to provide the service you want and need. If you own all, you can decide to have a store that doesn’t do X for example. It’s all yours anyway.

I’ll give you a simple example: I’ve ALWAYS been super mad about dealers (absolute most) who will be there rain or shine on weekends and beyond business hours to SELL you a car.
But when you need service, they shrug (“sucked already bought a car, no care”) and only open for service or parts during business hours, leaving you scrambling getting late for work/missing hours because they are no longer super interested in you.

I think having a dealer that only sells but not service cars is worse. That was the point I was alluding to when the OP of this discussion said that a Ford dealer needed to be able to service Lincolns if they wanted to sell them. I think they should. It might just be an opinion, and opinions are like aholes
Appreciate 5
ASAP10171.50
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
GrussGott18193.50