02-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioholics View Post
I've had a constant issue with my windows (mostly driver side) squeaking and rubbing as it goes up especially with cold weather. It leaves a horizontal line and a few vertical streaks as well. I've tried spraying the track and inside with silicon spray and no joy. I even brought it into service twice and they couldn't fix it. It started happening after I got my windows tinted but I don't see an issue with the tint. I'm using a very high quality ceramic.

My car has been at the dealer now for 3 days hoping they can fix it this time.

I had a 15 M235i prior with the same tint and never had this problem.

Any suggestions?
I've never had tint on any of my BMW's but did have a similar issue on an E92. The roller used to leave a vertical smudge along the driver's side window along with some squeaking. They wound up replacing the window guide and the glass (it actually made a mark in the glass).

I would take the trim panel off and see if you can get a good look at the rollers. I don't think the silicon spray is helping the situation tbh. I'm pretty sure the rollers themselves should be clean.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0