View Single Post
      05-17-2023, 11:01 AM   #3
rhop101
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, Honda S2000 AP2

Got a set of these put on for this AX season. Went with a set of 225/40 R18s for to cost savings (~$300 vs 235s) Plan to get proper set of wheels next year to run 245/255…R17s or 255/35 R18s.

Currently my car just has Tune and Vorschlag Camber Plates running around 2.4deg, but just paid it off this month! Planning to start an AX build thread for my car soon since I’ll have some extra cash to play with.

Getting back to RE71-RS
Compared to PS4S saw a noticeable but not significant decrease in Tire Pressures.

Running 40F/38R vs 45F/43R on PS4S. When they were very fresh and in cold temps I could get away with 38/36, but as temps have gone up and a few events passed the rollover observed has meant some slight increases here.

As far as how they feel on course. Definitely retained many of the characteristics of the RE71-R
- Require very little warmup to perform
- Good Response
- Stiffer sidewall than typical Max Performance Summer Tire
- Really helps tame the backend in spite of the open diff

Not sure about rain performance yet but they did ok in normal driving.

- They don’t like heat that much. (Some of this is my narrow width relative to heavy car). My afternoon times did not improve at the last event vs morning on a 75 degree day
- Pricing they are not the most expensive, but aren’t a budget tire either. There are some cheaper sizes like 225/40 R18

Hoping to see what another 235i is running at the same AX I’m going to this weekend. Maybe they’re running a different tire so we can compare.

At the events I’ve been attending I’m in the thick of things, but it’s not like the Night and Day of the Original RE71R when that came out.
Appreciate 0