View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
NaOH228i
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

HPDE and glazed rotors

I just signed up for my second HPDE at Buttonwillow later this year in March. My brother and I did the same event last year and had a blast so we didn’t hesitate to sign up again. My 228i has the THP and I felt was very fun and safe during the 2 day event.

The only problem that I had after the weekend was my brakes started squeeling badly afterwards. I took it into an independent shop and they informed me my rotors were glazed. They suggested I either upgrade my brakes or see if the dealership would fix/replace my pads and rotors under warranty. The dealership ended up shaving down the rotors and replacing the pads under warranty but they didn’t seem super happy about it. Going into this second HPDE I would like to avoid this problem.

Is the THP just a marketing gimmick and geared more towards spirited driving, autox, and looking cool and not really for moderate track sessions? I’m thinking of brake fluid change to something track oriented like Motul RBF600 and switch pads to EBC Yellows. I guess I’m looking for some advice from more experienced folks on where to go with this?
Appreciate 0