nick3753
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
What I think is sad is that this new Z is just a motor swap and body kit from a 370Z, which was a evolution of a 350Z. Basically, the bones of the new Z go back to 2003. I can't imagine wanting to pay like $40K+ for such an old platform. Look at the interior for crying out loud, its just a retouched 370Z.
I get that Nissan doesn't have the money to truly make a new sports car, but I can't see this competing with dedicated sports cars unless they price it really low.
I had a 370Z with Navi and everything for about a year, and it is fine for what it is, but it was a never-meet-your-heroes sorta car for me, it isn't meant to be pushed and you can tell how prehistoric it really is underneath, oil temperature issues, clutch slave issues, the VLSD traces its roots back to the 90s and genuinely feel old, dimwitted, slow, and not sufficiently strong enough, that was just 5 years ago, considering how much the equivalent was new then, it already felt overpriced.

However, the Z does have its share of die-hard loyal fans, and like WRX fans, they will happily hand over money to have the latest ones even if it isn't the most advanced cars on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banilejo View Post
Porsche has been doing this for ages (996/997, 991/992) and don't see many complain.
Porsche also has money to actually R&D those minute changes they make that does make an impact, Nissan's cost cutting measures is very obvious, and Nissan's habit of effectively make the car and do no evolution or improvements to address issues to the chassis other than bandaids is also evident. The Fuel tank starvation issue caused by the saddle fuel tank was from the 350z/35, and I got it with a full tank on my 370Z, which was 8 years after the 350Z was launched, and I am hardly Lewis Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banilejo View Post
I hope it does well and Nissan can keep building Z cars for years to come.
I will keep my eyes open to see what Nissan can do with a parts bin special (remember the 1M? it is technically a parts bin special too, and that turned out amazing)
Much better parts bin for the 1M though.
Appreciate 1
chris7197225.00