View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #91
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
And I do realize that $500 is 1% of the price of the car, but fair is fair. I don't mind paying for what I am getting, but want to be getting what I am told I am paying for. Think we're all in that boat.
Oh no, I agree with you totally and I put in the whole thing as well.

I just think from an argument perspective that since the contract signed guarantees that we, as the lessee, only pay 330 out of the 875, then how can they justify giving us a rebate for the entire amount, when they themselves didn't get that amount from us in the first place.

Yes, without that option, the residual would go down by the remaining 550 or so. My point is that of course it's good to go for the full thing, but as a lessee, it's a harder argument to say give me back the whole thing as a credit to use on accessories for example when I haven't committed to buying out the car.

A few hundred in accessories or as a credit on your BMWFS account would probably be in order if you don't expect to buy it out. You could probably try to push instead of that to rework your sales price without that option so your residual would be lower as well but at the end of the day you'd only realize a $330 savings unless you actually bought out the car in the end.

That's all I'm trying to say. I'm on your side, but just trying to figure out how the argument can be made and what a realistic expectation can be. I doubt they could justify in their books to give out 875 when they aren't guaranteed to bring in 875 since you can always turn in the car if you choose at the end of your lease. For buyers, none of this applies of course.

Last edited by five3three; 03-20-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0