hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
I just installed these yesterday. eBay special from China with pretty good fit and finish. I wonder if a good UV protectant would prevent the premature fading on these things? Any recommendations on a good UV product like Chemical Guys, 303, etc.?
Those look good bub good idea with the protectant. I was looking on Alibaba at some CF M style ones. It's weird I've heard people say the noise sucks and I've heard people say there's no noise at all. I wouldn't want any noise or extra drag at anything sub 100mph though. If you don't mind me asking what do you pay for yours? The ones I was looking at were about $75USD I believe.
I paid $66-68 or somewhere around there. Make sure you read the description carefully because a lot of sellers are trying to sell the double sided tape cap covers and trying to pass it off as replacements. I'd recommend messaging the seller and making sure they are the ones with actual clips and not covers with double sided tape.

The wind noise is from the M2 style mirror because of its odd shape. Mine were the exact replacement caps and looks OEM save for the carbon fiber. No wind noise at all.

Last edited by hwntime; 07-30-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0