View Single Post
      04-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3 View Post
This makes me think the M2 isn't happening.

Given that the M135i is already a high-performer (near-1M, for less $$) and that it shares a base engine config with the coming M3 (N55 vs. S55). I'm not sure there's room for another spec between the two...

Further, they're already spanking the competition (RS3, etc.), so it's not clear to me that they need to throw an LSD, more power, etc. to sell more cars this side of the M3.
No there will definitely be an M2 due to the fact 1M has a legacy now and was not just a tuned 135i , everything that was good in the standard car was progressed to what you would expect from the M Division , it was not an Audi RS3 Sportback. So yes there is definitely room for an M235i and an M2 just as there is for a 435i and M4. You should know now that they are not just faster interpretations of the standard car , that every element is engineered , tuned and progressed to show that an M model is not just a badge and an aero packet.