View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #28
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

I have a 2015 228i M Sport. A buddy of mine in the area also has a 228i M Sport. Both were built in 02/15; in fact, his VIN is only 14 higher than mine, so it's very likely they were built on the same day in Leipzig.

The only mechanical difference between the two options-wise: his has the THP, and mine does not.

Both of his car's front intakes are open, and I assume he has the extra radiators. Mine only has the passenger-side intake open, which leads me to believe that my car does not have the extra radiators. I will investigate more tonight or tomorrow, but suffice it to say that this does not make me happy (though at least I know my car's that much lighter ... )

It could be that the intakes aren't tied to extra radiators; they may be for extra brake cooling, or possibly something to do with the adaptive suspension. For what it's worth, it's apparent to me that the difference is part of the THP option, at least for 2015 builds. Not sure about 2014 ones.
Appreciate 0