View Single Post
      08-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Madmatt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I wish I could say I was a nice enough guy to let someone from the forum drive my brand new car but... aint gonna happen. That said, maybe I could offer this tidbit. I did several test drives on M235's from both local BMW dealers (BMW North and BMW Store) and like you found, they only had the all wheel drive versions. I ended up doing a factory build so was able to get RWD but honestly, I cant say that I really could tell a difference between them. Is there a difference, I am sure there is and maybe if I was looking at my 0-60 times or driving across an ice field I would be able to tell, but in every day driving, I didn't notice it.

One last bit of unasked for advice... Dont let dealer stock influence what you get. Have them do a nationwide inventory search or just have them order one from Germany built out exactly as you want. It takes longer but its entirely worth it, especially if you do a Performance Center (what I did) or European Delivery (what I am doing with my next one) option.

Madmatt