View Single Post
      08-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #30
J-Ho
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 EB m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfl1ght View Post
I'm confident you will be successful with the backup camera.

A key tip on the install. If in the future you are interested in adding a miracast dongle so that you can mirror your smartphone to the screen in the BMW, run a HDMI and power cable to the passenger side, and let it dangle there. That way you can take your time considering miracast dongles after the install. Most dongles accept HDMI but you may or may not need a female to female coupler depending on the dongle.

There are a lot choices out there.

Now if I can only get the darn HDMI input to work with a Miracast dongle to display Waze and Google Maps on the screen! I used the Samsung Allcast. Does not work. Pitched it since it also did not work on my HDMI LED TV.

I'm tempted to use their AP Cast but I'd rather use another solution. This will trump any Nav that BMW offers. Plus you save thousands of dollars!

I love hacking my car. You will too.
Thanks! Good tip on the HDMI cable. I was about to buy the AP CAST module to mirror my iphone until I read on an ebay listing that it isnt compatible with Apple's iOS 9 (current version operating system). I'm surprised to hear the Samsun Allcast doesnt work, since their documentation actually shows a picture connected to both the Allcast and the AP CAST (as options). Curious what other solutions work for the iPhone reliably with iOS 9?
Appreciate 0