View Single Post
      07-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkat09 View Post
Mine was an Audi 2001 A4 Quattro 2.8. It had transmission problems, suspension issues, terrible brakes, heat/AC that mostly didn’t work at all, wheel bearings that would last about 10k miles, and continuous engine oil leaks. The final straw was when the head gasket failed.

My second worst car was a 95 GTI I bought new. That was the first year they were produced in Mexico. The engine and suspension were great. The rest of the car was total crap. I never knew a car could have that many squeaks and rattles.
It's a tie, but they were both Audi. 1972 100LS that left me stranded from different causes several times. Repeatedly cracked the oil pressure sensor which turned the car into James Bond's Aston Martin, spraying all behind me with oil. Made lots of friends that way. Gearshift handle came off in my hand...not just the knob...the entire lever! Warpage under then carb when driven more than a couple of hours made it non-driveable, etc., etc.

Like a fool, I went along when my wife fell in love with a 2016 A6 3.0T Prestige. There had been no Audis in-between. I assumed/hoped things had improved. NOPE! Transmission unable to shift properly and dealer said they knew, but there was no fix. Electrical features worked randomly. Rotors warped in the first 18 months and they denied warranty as "wear and tear". Worse yet, the tech told me the rotors were defective, but he was told the modify the repair order to support denying warranty. That was it. We dumped it and will never send another penny their way. Nothing VW/Audi forever!

Best car ever? Not coincidentally, this 2 Series! Solid, reliable, no issues, does exactly what it should, always.

Had a lot of domestic cars in-between while working for a domestic car company in Detroit. Those would all be in-between. None were ever as bad as Audi. Nothing else has touched the excellence of the 2 Series. These days, I would buy a car from any of the Detroit 3 (wherever they are legally headquartered) before ever considering anything VW/Audi.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
GrimJaw105.50