United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsetter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
This is what I sent him for measurements:

Hi, Murray. Take a look at this box, I bought it because it's roughly the size and shape I need although not quite.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

I need the same type of design, but my measurements would be height 10", length 18.5" (vs their 14"), top depth 7", bottom depth 8.75" (vs their 9.75").

NOTE: it's a very tight fit which is what I was going for. Used a rubber mallet to get it into its final place.
Awesome, thanks - you are the MVP of this subforum as far as I am concerned. I didn't think 10" height would actually fit with the convertible top holder extended down, I only seem to have 9.75" of clearance.
Ok just a disclaimer everything I've told you is based on a 2016 M235 xDrive. If you don't have exactly that, have an LCI car or whatever else I cannot 100% promise you that my measurements will work for you. I have no reason to think they won't, but I also have never measured anything but my car.

Definitely double check my measurements but if you want to be super safe get that crappy box on Amazon to start with. It's $25 or so and I found it a lot easier to put that in and measure from that versus trying to guess and measure an oddly shaped hole.
Appreciate 0