View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 06:29 AM   #17
Heitzer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i; BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Abuser View Post
I just finally went catless dp and tried more maps. Stage 2 made almost no difference vs stage 1. 1/8th mile trap speed was 0.3mph faster. I also tried the stage 2 E30 map but my clutch didn't like that map and had slip on higher gears (my car is 6mt). I then switched to the M2 map and wow, by far the best map in my opinion. Most linear and factory like and pulls almost as hard. It's down about 0.3mph on the 1/8th mile vs stage 1 so not a big difference. My car also had K&N drop in filter, charge pipe, and intercooler.
I put the M2 map on last month and are mighty impressed just like you said. It is a great map if you like linear, high-reving driving styles rather than low end with lots of torque. I have much more fun having to wring out the power - at least for street driving..

I am running an LSD with the final drive ratio changed from 3.08 to 3.46 in my M235i. The M2 map fits perfectly with the character of the car. The final drive ratio of the original M2 was also 3.46 for 6 MT, btw. With the change I can fully experience and hear the engine closer to legal speed limits

In terms of linearity it feels almost naturally aspirated. Can only recommend to give it a try.