08-17-2022, 08:14 PM   #9
Jnat
DisplacementReplacement
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
Initially I had 2 issues.

1. flex fuel map was limited to stage 2 tune (not 2+ which is more powerful for HPFP so I was basically running a less than desirable map)

2. It threw some odd codes.

Both were resolved pretty quickly, the flex fuel analyzer needed a firmware update (pretty simple) - I contacted MHD on facebook and had a fix basically within an hour, and MHD released 2+ flex fuel map update maybe a week after that.

Im very happy so far. I fill up primarily at only 1 station so my usual estimate lands me right at e42 or so, but still peace of mind because when traveling across the state, or further, because its sometimes its harder to find an e85 station, and I didnt want to deal with the hassle of re-flashing a 93 octane map, then getting home, refueling, reflashing an e40 map again.

Its mostly peace of mind but yes, I would say I am happy and it is worth it.

The install is incredibly simple. I would say easier than downpipe both in tools required and in overall labor.

Its basically replacing a fuel line, unplugging a DME cable to add in the extension, and routing a few wires after. The majority of the time spent is on disassembly (you need to basically do the entire top disassembly as you would for a spark plug job, removing strut brace, foam, all the fun stuff)
Thank you for that feedback and sounds like your happy with it! I've been running E on a few different platforms since 09 and been doing it the old fashioned way lol... with good results... but, maybe it's time to stop the measuring... and join the most current tech...
2015 235XI FBO / MHD E30
2009 335XI FBO / COBB / E30
Appreciate 0