JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Hi,

As I moved to Arizona I now have to deal with crappy gas, but have an E85 station reasonably close.
To keep it daily driver simple and being able to fill up anywhere the MHD Flex Fuel solution sounds great.
I have MHD Stage 2 (no logging license as I didn’t have the time to really get into it) so it seems as if I only need:
A) TU Fuel pump
B) MHD FlexFuel Analyzer Kit
Install , change Flash to Flex Fuel with the slots 91/93/95/2+ 95
Is it that easy?
What are your goals for running flex fuel? TU pump is needed if you want to run anything over E25/E30 blend on the Gen 1 B58. I've been running 3 gallons of E85 in my tank (E23 blend) and have had some fuel rail pressure drops and trims getting high with both the JB4 tune I had and now with MHD stage 2 93 octane.

I recommend being able to data log and send to experts for review. Jump to different maps and check out the metrics.

But getting the TU pump installed will remove a lot of the worry and hassle with getting the Gen 1 B58 dialed in on stage 2 and beyond maps. The flex fuel kit would be super convenient for seeing your E-reading. I've just been doing the math every fill up.