Thread: BimmerCode
View Single Post
      01-27-2018, 03:56 AM   #318
staticbelow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

What's this mean? German using Android

I'm trying to turn off any disclaimers that I can. I've read through this thread and found where to go but the labels are in German. Can anyone translate this for me?

I've had the Vgate for less than a day so I'm reluctant to start trial and error; figure it's easier to check with you guys.

Thoughts on the App and Vgate so far

Car - 2016 M235i
Dongle - "Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 3.0 OBD2 Code Reader" (verbatim from Amazon headline)
Setup - Car running, phone charged about 80%

I downloaded the BimmerCode app first to check it out. In demo mode (hadn't paid for it yet) I was able to see two choices in settings for the OBD2 dongle - WIFI or BlueTooth - on my Samsung S8+.

From the thread I gathered that BlueTooth is used on Android and WIFI on iPhone. I purchased the Vgate listed above so it would (hopefully) work regardless of the phone I have.

The Vgate started to connect to my Android immediately (seems like it takes about a minute, probably a little faster to complete the connection).

I couldn't get the first module to open. I tried several times. I decided to moved on, the other modules loaded okay. I made some simple changes and hit the code button. Everything worked fine.

Feeling a bit more confident I made more changes. I believe the changes I made were to the startup disclaimer but I'm not 100% sure that was the only one. Hit the code button and then the car shut down on it's own after completing the coding. I was a bit worried at first but everything's working fine and it seems others have had this happen and it's normal.

I tried again to get the first module listed in BimmerCode on Android to load using the Vgate Pro. I remembered in another thread something about locking the doors before removing a dongle (Vgate) so I tried it.

The first module loaded on the next try. This could easily be coincidence or perhaps something else is going on. Anyone had anything similar? Especially with the Vgate Pro instead of Vgate 2?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0