View Single Post
      09-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #168
Latamfan
Registered
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
This is terrific post thank you for the summary Mike.

Three questions:

1. I like a warm non-fatiguing sound. I'm new to car audio but I love NAD/Mirage/PSB/Energy speakers and equipment for my home. Which of the 5 speakers below would you suggest?

I can get a great deal on the Focal ISC100s but I'd need to drive down to the USA to pick them up (I'm in Canada). Not sure they are worth the hassle. I can get the Hertz locally for not too much more.

- Focal ISC100
- Morel Maximo 4c
- Hertz Energy 100.5
- JL Audio C2-400x
- JBL GX-402

2. The SWS-8s are about $320 USD shipped to Canada. At that price I'm wondering if I can get the Jehnert but I've scoured the internet and can't find any vendors. Do you have any suggestions on where to get them?

3. I've read that even just upgrading the 4 speakers is a big upgrade over the Hifi system, is the sub upgrade worth it? I love rap, hip hop, house, rock, and pretty much everything but country.
Hello, please tell me what is your opinion in order to upgrade the standard audio system for a bmw m240i coupe, knowing that I was triying the amplfier JL JX400 and always heard a noise through the subwoofer, reason why I decided to uninstall this.
Appreciate 0