07-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #67
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by soghetto
not really though. thats called character.

Status is how successful you are or how much money you have, has nothing to do with what kind of person you are. its a way that ranks your position in society and has nothing to do with a persons character.

Nissan, BMW, and Ferrari imply 3 diff statuses in the world we live in. Generally speaking, the person driving the Ferrari is more successful (or has a higher status) than one who drives a Nissan.

Some people work hard at the perception of status and this is more common with younger people. As you get older (or one with more experience in life) you tend to care less about what other people think.

that being said, and more to the point of this thread - Someone that does not care about taking care of their car because it will be someone else's problem demonstrates character and is a good display of the kind of person they are, more so than the kind of car they drive. These are generally the type of people that have more problems in life (bad karma?) but to each his own, its a free world and we need all types of people to make the world go round.
we don't need all types of people. it's just unfortunate to have to many destructive individuals on a planet. Our planet without them would be so much better.

P.S: i know the dictionary meaning of that word. i only tried to explain what I meant saying that.
Appreciate 0