siwo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i RWD 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullins View Post
I received it rather quickly, and got it installed this weekend. If you have the 2 series with the HK kit installed, it's not easy to get the box installed. I had to remove the glovebox and install it to the left of it, in a cavity outside the head unit area. It all worked well once it was all connected up. So far, i have two issues. One, sometimes audio cuts out when in wireless carplay, going to troubleshoot this a bit... I put the antenna near the glove box, but perhaps it would be suited better closer to the driver. Second, callers when using carplay can hear themselves clearly, like an echo. This makes calls basically unusable at this point. I contacted the seller, and they said they are working on a fix, but no ETA.
Any updates on the fix? I am quite interested in this however the echo feedback when in a call is what I fear too. My wife has the 2019 MINI JCW with the upgraded MiniConnected with wireless CarPlay. She complains that the audio feed during the call has a lag. Both ends will have a momentary lag while in call and feels like those satellite feeds you see on TV where it's got a minor pause before speaking and it's annoying. CarPlay has since been turned off. Also, the music app does not display the Album Art while playing music through CarPlay where the BMW/Mini Connected player does.
2004 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
1993 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
Appreciate 0