jordan24c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 EB 240, G87 M2 (preodered)

Garage List
2021 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
I have an older GoPro, and setting the EV (exposure value) to '-2' forces the camera to adjust the exposure to darken everything. Your outside view is then correct. Unfortunately, if you are using TrackAddict for your camera, there doesn't appear to be any way adjust exposure in that app.
Yeah, TA is nice but kind of a nuisance to get everything how you want it. If I just run it through my phone again next year I might honestly just run my phone's (S22 Ultra) Pro Video so I can set the exposure lower. The only adjustments I can make in TA for my camera is the resolution.

Quote:
You could mount the phone/camera in the windshield. I posted some videos of Mid-Ohio a few weeks ago in the forum with my GoPro in the windshield. That will give you an idea of the perspective it offers.
Yeah I could - like I said, I was going a lot more for that roll cage-mounted look Looks a bit cooler when I show people and they can see me shift (like once per lap since almost the entire track can be done in 3rd).

Quote:
I was originally planning on going to the BMW CCA event at Mid-Ohio this summer. Several people from Minnesota were going. But it was conflicting with some work stuff (that was since changed, twice), so I went with the Audi group in July instead. Too bad. It would have been fun to see more 2's there and see how we stacked up. I think you would have made a great rabbit for me to follow.
Bummer, you'll have to make it out next year. I think they do a pretty solid job hosting (sample size = 2 CCA events, 1 Auto Interests); they at least take feedback well and seek to implement changes year over year. Re: the rabbit, I think that was the "worst" thing about being in the lowest run group -- not really anyone near my pace. Would have been awesome to have a similar car running with me.

Quote:
That 1:49 time is impressive. My best was a 1:53. I think I'm going to chalk up the difference to my skinny 225 tires, and completely stock N55 engine. (yeah, I'm sure that's it....)
Thank you! Definitely the N55 holding you back

Quote:
One thing I've found that causes the 2 to get a bit squirelly in big brake zones is if your front tire pressures aren't equal left to right. Even 2 psi of difference can upset the car. It can be hard to get it balanced well, as the lefts tend to heat up more affecting pressure, and even sunlight on one side of the car can make a difference in the pits. It usually takes me a session or two to get them set right.

I was carrying about the same speed as you into CB, and once I got pressures dialed in it was a lot more stable than it was looking for you.
Interesting, I don't think anyone has brought that up but it would make sense. I was pretty bad at remembering to check hot pressures immediately after coming off but from the times that I did check, they seemed to be within 1 psi on each axle. Just another reason to split a garage with someone next year I suppose, gotta keep the tires consistent!