11-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #14
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax028 View Post
The current RSB on the M235i if I'm not mistaken is 12mm. 15mm on the convertible. For a Autocross car that is called on to manage weight transfer from left to right at 40+ MPH it just isn't enough. The M235i for the most part comes from the factory with a open Differential. So a 12 to 15 mm RSB is probably enough for a DD aka grocery getter.

Hell, I had a Miata that came with a 12mm RSB. I have put a MPERFORMANCE LSD in this car and coded out the eDif nannies. So after driving in several events and driving the M2 with a 24mm RSB its obvious this car NEEDS a larger RSB. Heck BMW recognizes this thus the 24mm RSB on the M2.

The challenge for us M235i owners is finding a larger then 20mm RSB that is adjustable. What would be really be kool is for Bryan at Karcepts to build one of his most impressive three piece adjustable Sway Bars that he fabricates for the S2k and Miata crowd for us M235i owners with a true LSD.
The "adjustable" part of your dilemma could perhaps be addressed with adjustable endlinks. That is, get as think a sway bar as you need and use adjustable endlinks to tune it the way you want. Just a thought.

PS: the difference in handling between the M2 and M235i, though, hardly boils down to thicker sway bars alone. there's way too many differences between the two, e.g., subframe bolted to the frame directly as opposed to via bushings, different springs and shocks, harder bushings throughout, etc.
Appreciate 0