View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
birdiestremph42
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

First time BMW owner, m235i

Recently purchased a 2015 m235i as my daily driver. I'm coming from having both a 2011 GLK (daily driver) and a 2006 cayman s (fun).

I really love the m235i and it sort of seems like a mix of the two cars above. The acceleration is insane and very fun.

I haven't been that impressed by the handling so far. Not sure if i'm just learning to drive it or perhaps it just gives less of a "good feeling" when taking a corner fast as compared to the cayman. I feel like it technically scoots around a corner pretty quick but doesn't seem to dig in like other sports cars i've driven. Interestingly I had the same impression when I rented an M2 about a year ago in Munich and took it on the autobahn/into the hills.

The only other gripe i have is how jerky the automatic transmission is in sport/sport+ manual mode. It feels like over time the car is gonna be ripped apart.

don't mean to sound like i'm complaining i truly do love the car and i'm going to keep it for a while.

I know nothing about modifying cars but i'm curious if there are some changes I could make to give the car a better feel around corners. Any advice would be helpful even if it's just to be quiet until I know the car a little better :P
Appreciate 0