View Single Post
      08-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #15
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius Joel View Post
I totally get your point. But IMO it seems like a waste of time, money, and effort to do. I'm not sure how much reupholstering with "good" leather will cost, but I don't think it would be that cheap. Then you also run in to the problem of color matching. But to each his own I guess. I happen to like the leather on my f22. But what do I know.
Keeping in mind that this is totally hypothetical, because I'm perfectly happy with the Sensatec so far ...

My wife's Toyota Sienna came from the factory with cloth upholstery. We wanted leather, so the dealer arranged to have all 3 rows of seats reupholstered in decent (softer than Dakota) leather for around $1,700. I'm sure they get a great price from the shop, and they probably ate some of the cost, but I still feel pretty confident that the front seats of a 2/3 series could be redone for less than the $2,500 cost of the Dakota leather.

On the subject of color matching, I would probably turn that into an opportunity and get something that wasn't available from BMW, maybe a chocolate brown to match the "old man" burl trim?

Again though, totally hypothetical.

BTW, mone of this is meant to imply that anyone made the wrong choice by choosing leather. Different tastes and needs are why they have options after all.
Appreciate 0