Thread: High mileage
View Single Post
      06-14-2021, 08:45 AM   #14
Awn
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

m235i-ZF8-RWD owner here with 129k+ KM daily driver with 45c 4 months summer temperatures and 90% humidity in Saudi Arabia Jeddah. (hard driver at the first couple years, normal driver to occasionally hard the last couple years)
the issues i remember i ran to are:
+ wiper fluid motor failed.
+ battery replaced once.
+ front fender Paint job from small bumps.

below are annoying issues (with no damage) so far by the following but might be immanent to a problem coming:

+ weird squeek sound on the right front dash (almost sounds from the corner or door) only on slow speeds and uneven road, got it fixed 1st time by the dealer and went away by replacing few parts, 8months later same exact sound comes back slowly, got it fixed by dealer again with more parts replaced, issue fixed. 9 months later up to today (sound is coming back but at much slower pace; once or twice a day, sometimes once or twice a week) no more warranty to cover this, so i will figure it out later or just live with it.

+ supercharge whining sound when accelerating 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear, With AC OFF or ON, not sure if it is coming from alternator, gearbox, turbo or engine, but definitely not a normal noise, but can live with it if it keeps running.

+ Hard shifting and clunk at Sports+ mode if not revving hard, shifts perfectly on down shifts and higher revs.

+ 1st, 2nd gear at slow speeds, exiting garage, parking lots etc, is hesitant and is all over.

shifting issues maybe resolved if i plan to do transmission maintenance.