Thread: Breaking in?
View Single Post
      01-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #23
topcat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 4 Runner

Quote:
Just picked up my 2015 M235i on Thursday from Pacific BMW in Glendale. Unlike Topcat, i'v been waiting 4 months (but then I had the M-Performance Limited Slip installed and I guess the port gets all the simple clean up and deliver cars out of the way before tackling things like that). Also unlike Topcat I drove straight back up I5 as I am suffering from a heavy cold and just wanted to get home.
My wait was less but I know what you're talking about in regards to the Limited Slip Install. I had it port installed also. My car arrived on Jan. 13th, carrier officially released it 1/14. Sat untouched until 1/21 when we finally found out it was on the lift getting the LSD installed, exhaust, diffuser, front splitter, mirror caps installed. Done at port 1/22, trucked to dealership 1/23 and I flew in 1/24. Wasn't sure I was going to get her but it worked out.

As for LSD port installs there is only 1 main engineer that can install them. BMW is extremely particular about this because when port installed you get a full 4/50k warranty on the LSD and they want it done right. If dealer installed you get 2 years coverage not 4yrs. Not to say that dealerships don't have good mechanics they just aren't all as skilled as the rest.

As for break in I'm taking it easy. Haven't been over 4k yet and will just be nice to her for the recommended 1200 miles. I'm patient
Appreciate 0