View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #45
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave
Ok I can't hold back any longer. These latest pics just took me over the edge. I realize this is a great looking car that will sell well and it will be no slouch in performance. At the fear of beating a dead horse I will say my peace and be done with it. I am vehemently opposed to using the M logo on this car on the rear!! Come on BMW you are better than this and would bet a good penny that the majority in this forum feel the same way!

I mean the badging looks exactly like that of an true M car which this is clearly not! Its bad enough that that the logo is used all over the sides and interior already for just about any other model. I mean what is next? I just cringe at the thought of seeing an M435i version for next MY after just picking up my M4 later this year. Just think about this for a second from the eyes of a newbie to BMW. You see an ad for an M4 and a M435i..logic and numbering intuition will steer you to think that M435i > M4. Crazy talk you say? We already have an M235i poseur in existence so why not. It's truly diluting the brand to do this and does not do any favors to a premier brand revered in the car world. People not as connected to the brand as we are in this forum will be confused at events and dealer lots why this car just does not deliver like a full on M car and why should they think otherwise! I hate to say it but I can just envision dealers just staying quiet and letting the customers think they are buying a real M car on the cheap for strong sales that this car will no doubt deliver. This is where I appreciate the nomenclature of Audi between their A, S, RS distinctions. Ok You want to make a car to give you a bit of bling and performance boost without breaking the bank for RS, Cool, but I will call it an S instead of an RS to maintain differentiation. If you want that then the buyer must step up and pay for the badge.

BMW please do not sell out and hope this trend reverses in near future! An M car means something to car lovers of all ages globally and why many of us stay glued for updates whenever something new is in the horizon. Ok rant over
Agreed. The "M," just looks awkward positioned where it is.

Should have stuck with the "is" moniker.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0