View Single Post
      11-24-2022, 07:06 PM   #116
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The only Airbus that I've flown on is the A319, on a small budget airline. The first flight was uneventful, even though we took off in a surprise Tropical Storm. The return flight was smooth, but that particular A319 earned its Scarebus nickname as it creaked like a 1980's plastic car interior on the taxiways. When the takeoff roll started, the cabin sounded like an old pirate ship and I was seriously crossing my fingers hoping that the thing didn't fall apart before it left the ground! The whole thing felt like it was put together from spare parts, and even the cabin LED lighting had 2-3 different color temperatures mixed in like someone was scrounging in a remote bone yard for any part that fit. Anyway, I looked up the tail number after we had landed, and discovered that it was a seasonal lease from a South American airline.
And there's your clue. Often night and day between 3rd world carriers and domestic carriers. Our domestic carriers adhere to rigid FAA inspection and maintenance schedules on their aircraft. Of course, there is the human factor in any system and resulting slip-ups, but the track record is darned good.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 2
minn1914033.00
vreihen1615250.00