View Single Post
      11-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #10
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
Are you running a baffled sump or S55 oil pan and pump? I've heard Road Atlanta is one of the danger tracks for our cars due to some of the longer corners.
I'm surprised that Road Atlanta would be considered a danger track. Turn 1 goes a bit long, but it's not that bad. None of the other corners exceed 90 degrees or so.

Turn 9 (the Carousel) at Road America is way longer. Turn 8 at Brainerd is 180+ degrees. And the Keyhole (5) and the Carousel (14) at Mid-Ohio are both 180 long turns also. Brainerd and Road America are my usual tracks, and I live in mortal fear of oil starvation.

In addition to max oil level, I also run a relatively narrow 225 width on my RS4 track tires. Originally started at 225 for other reasons, but sticking with it to keep overall cornering forces lower. Same with the RS4, which aren't as sticky as some options. And it's also a reason I haven't put in camber plates. Hoping that these choices keep me safe enough. And on the upside, they are all also the cheapest choices.
Appreciate 1
MassNerd171.00