View Single Post
      08-19-2022, 12:37 PM   #231
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboibluf22 View Post
Understood, 18x8.5 et40 will surely have a nice fit on the 2's! Would there be possibly a 18x8.5 et30-35 which I would say is more on the Aggressive(et30) - safe/aggressive(et35) side depending on the tires of course. I'm also curious if there's a way to get around the known shallow face 1 of wheels for 2's.
My goal with these is to offer a single wheel initially that is optimized for the 1 and 2 series and can work on both cars as a square fitment rather than multiple selections. But we'll be getting a survey live in the future after we know what kind of wheels we can produce post brake data.

We have more design freedom with our new forging blanks so there is a possibility of getting more concavity from a wheel with higher offsets. Some limitations still remain but I'm hoping to get some options out with more concavity than this community has seen while still providing a direct fit option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftShoe View Post
Exciting!
Any timeline predictions you can offer?
(Translation: when do you think we might be able to buy these things?)
No idea frankly, we still have a few brake kits to collect and those are holding up the process right now. We've already scanned the 6 piston 135i brakes and we have a scan for the 370mm F22 Msport brakes scheduled for next Tuesday. The last kit we need is the 340mm Msport and once we have that we'll be working with our engineering team to determine what designs would work best given the offsets we want.

I would expect them no earlier than early 2023, but we're doing our best to bring them to market.

-Tom