View Single Post
      05-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #15
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerBowie View Post
Watching your hands and the throttle trace leads to a question: Is the car a little more loose off the corner than you would like?

Even if it requires giving up just a little steady-state balance, being able to be confident in rolling back into the throttle and being able to STAY there looks like it would be really helpful, especially in working through traffic and/or setting yourself up with a good run to take someone under braking.

Just my $0.02, obviously couldn't tell everything you were feeling from the video, etc. You're driving it really well, but there might be some tenths in setup.
Funny you should mention, I actually did loop it around twice (!) during the Sunday race that weekend, on throttle at T7 (the first hairpin). Both times were in traffic, getting way too greedy on the throttle. No video through, camera died for that race.

The constant on-off throttle I keep doing is not as much of a setup thing, more of a driver thing -- I do it to multiple cars and many setups (both loose and pushy). I've been slowly working to fix it, but it's sometimes hard to break habits. Well spotted.