View Single Post
      05-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #57
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
I can't get 24k out of a set of tires, maybe 12k. The car has 13k now, and I ran the stock tires down to 5-6/32" before fitting the 255s. The insides were worn more than the rest, which is why I've reduced toe with my new (~1k) MPSSes. I understand that zero static toe yields toe-out when the car's rolling, so I keep a tiny bit of toe-in.

The more I look at my car today, the more I think that using the stock tension struts with the F8x LCAs twisted the suspension geometry enough to have lowered the car. I know it's not intuitive, but I swear my ride height has increased with the F8x tension struts.

The initial mis-information we got about the length of the tension struts is really a shame. Thanks again, Pparana for saving us!
Glad you got them installed, I just got in the larger spacers from summit, I may chamfer the edges if they do not go in easy.

If your running camber plates, max for street tires in the front is prob, 2.3-2.5, street tire carcasses are not supportive enough to take any more and your just giving up contact patch.

You should not need toe in on the front tires of rwd cars, you need toe in in the rear, as the drive wheels toe out under acceleration and also slightly by the suspension geometry (bmw).

You may want to run a real small amount of toe in on the front if you feel the car is too "darty" for your taste on surface streets.
Appreciate 0