View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #38
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
I ordered mine with the AS tires because the dealer said the sport were not available. Swapping out to new wheels / tires was the one change I made to the car. I found the handling with the 225 AS was just not great. The backend with the 225 ASs was pretty squirrelly. I really wish now I'd gotten the staggered sport tires and saved what it cost to have them replaced. I got PILOT SPORT PS2 225/40ZR18 front, 255/35ZR18, rear. They seem to actually handle better on a wet road (and I've read this in evaluations). If you actually want / need snow tires, the AS aren't really suitable for that purpose.

Having "made the mistake" I really couldn't recommend to anyone to get the All Season tires with a M240i, or even why BMW put them on this model at all. They don't seem to be able to handle the power this engine can send to them - they are way too narrow and they aren't really meant for "All" seasons (snow).

Perhaps if you lived in a place remote enough that having run flats would be needed perhaps. If I thought I could make space for it, I'd put one of the 225s in there as a spare. I've saved them in case I ever want snow tires, but not sure I'd ever use them unless I wanted to drive out to Tahoe.
Appreciate 0