09-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #25
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
When I ordered mine I have intentions of ordering the Perform Summer tires

My sales mgr asked me if I plan to autocross, track the car, drag race it or push the car to it's extremes. I said probably not. He said get the all seasons, the car will still be a rocket, it will handle better in the rain (which get plenty of in Florida) and you'll likely get 3 times the mileage of the Perf tires.

I took his recommendation and do not regret it one bit. The car handles great, is fast as hell and I don't have to worry about what weather I happen to encounter. I acknowledge I do not have the driving ability to get the maximum out of the car regardless if it's equipped with AS or Perf tires.

If you fancy yourself a speed racer and track or competitively race your car, get the perf tires and buy an extra set of wheels and all season tires. Ideally you shouldn't be running the stock wheels anyway if you are concerned about performance as they are boat anchors. Get the best perf tires and the lightest wheels you can afford. Put the all seasons on the stock wheels for the cold weather days.
But then you're stuck with narrower tires and rims. Even worse, they're ill-performing all season runflats that have a big tendency to suffer from blow outs. Which is rather ironic considering they're runflats. You rarely hear of non-runflats blowing out on this forum or the 3/4 series forum.