Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
They are...absolutely...a-okay.

Insurance rates for us oldsters who don't drive much and have never made claims are quite modest out here in my part of flyover country.

I think I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that my top-of-the-line rates in 2022 (i.e., in terms of maximum deductibles and maximum coverage) were less than what I was paying for the same coverage for a nine-year old Nissan Sentra in San Francisco in 1996.

States, their insurance laws, and zip codes (i.e., the claim rates and payouts in yours and nearby zip codes): those are the things that matter to an insurance company and therefore dominate the rates they offer to insureds in those environs.

Is it for 6 months or one year? Here in WA, I have a substantial increase with an outstanding driving record and just turned 70. My deductible is $250 but I ask quotes for $500 and there is mostly no difference. They are all between $1900 - $ 3000/year for 100/300.
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0