jordan24c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 EB 240, G87 M2 (preodered)

Garage List
2021 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
I would think based on your video you could move up to 'Intermediate'. I like running with the Intermediate group because you don't have the beginners in your way.
That's the plan and the motivator behind it!

Quote:
Downside of not running Advanced is that you usually don't get to do the Friday extra day if you want to. Working on my Instructor credential/certs so I can have the best of both worlds (extra day with sane drivers in sane cars), and to give back to the clubs.
Yeah, BMW only does instructors/A Solo on Friday here. Best of luck on instructor training, its definitely something I'd love to do in a few years.

Quote:
I have TPMS sensors on my track wheels/tires just for this reason. I keep the TPMS display up on the screen when on track, and I'll occasionally glance at it during quiet stretches. (Not many of those at Mid-Ohio!) I watch for the pressure imbalance, and I know that when the pressures get over ~37 psi, or temp gets over ~170F, the tires will not be at their peak. It's a nice confirmation of butt dyno feel on what the tires are doing. And I have a checklist taped to my dash to remind me to look at it when coming off track.
Same here, TPMS actually prevented me from running my first Saturday session because I dropped the fronts too low and couldn't get iDrive to reset them. (Would come to a stop; go through the reset process in the paddock; have it immediately come back on; and then rinse and repeat). My instructor recommended turning off the screen as it was less distracting - I have to admit I wasn't distracted by it last year so I don't think it made any impact, but I'll probably keep it on next event. RE: that checklist, that's brilliant. I have a mental pre-session one I go through but never thought of doing one after (outside of just not using the brakes/parking brake when I turn off the car).