01-30-2020, 09:46 AM   #6
atmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
John, I personally think neither the Dinan nor the Noelle are actually worth it. At best you gain 30-40 whp (as per Ron T of Noelle himself). Is it worth plunking down $2k for? I wouldn't think so.

I understand the attraction behind the warranty but in all honesty I just don't see a risk with going with something like BM3 instead which has more accomplished tuners (look up Cary Jordan) and is a well established platform itself.

Anyway, your call.
Thanks for your input. For now I've decided to hold off till I learn more about the available alternatives.

Also, as my M240 is a 2020 tuning it with the additional roadblocks BMW has added is currently a problem.

As a result of this Noelle is in the process of updating the hardware/software the installer needs to use to get around this impediment and has not yet shipped these items to their dealers so it would be some time before they could tune my car anyhow.

I would assume that this will be a problem for all of the tuners using a flash system although if I understand it correctly Mission Performance already has a work around available in their software.

John
2020 M240iX
Appreciate 0