Rep
Drives: M235i

FS: 2014 M235i 8HP, White/Red, 97k mi, Never Tuned, Extensive Maintenance

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hi everyone,

Decided to get back into 90's German cars and recently purchased a '98 SL500 Sport and a '97 M3/4/5 (a great follow-up to my pre-M235i '91 E30 325i MT).

I purchased my M235i (VIN: WBA1J7C57EV253096) with just under 29k miles from BMW of Sterling (VA) in 2017. Since then, I have driven this car through 20 states plus Montreal and attended two track days for a total of 67,000 miles or 16,750 per year. I have a lot of great memories with this car, including taking my wife on our first date, but it time to start a new chapter!

I would like to point out that the drivetrain of this car has always been 100% stock, meaning the ECU was never remapped or had a "piggyback"( i.e. JB4) fitted and the ZF8HP transmission was never tuned. I have regularly changed oil in 7,5k mile intervals (last @ 93k).

Major drivetrain maintenance history items include:
- ZF8HP Transmission fluid and filter change @ 78k
- Charge pipe replaced with the updated BMW OEM part @ 94k
- BMW OEM spark plugs @ 93k

Except for a stainless mandrel-bent exhaust, the modifications on this car are limited to suspension work. If you look through my history on this forum, you will notice that I have been through multiple suspension iterations (1. Dinan kit, 2. KW V3 + Vorshlag plates, 3. Ohlins R&T). The point of this was to improve the daily drivable handling and to chase down the F22/F30 clunk, which was resolved with the BMW OEM steering rack thrust piece kit. As a result, this M235i does not clunk or make any of the nosies reported by many F22/F30 owners. Note that the dynamic suspension hardware is deactivated but can be reactivated and reverted to OEM suspension.

Current suspension modifications and maintenance:
- Bilstein B14 PSS System @ 78k
- BMW OEM end links @ 78k
- BMW OEM strut mounts @ 78k
- Lemforder F8X lower control arms @ 77k
- BMW OEM tie rods/boots @ 75k
- TRW OEM thrust arms @ 71k
- BMW OEM steering rack thrust piece kit @ 87k

Wheels, Tires, and Brakes:
- Apex EC-7 18x9.5 R, 18x8.5 F
- Apex wheel stud conversion kit
- Continental DWS06+ 225/40 F, 255/35 R @ 93k
- Zimmerman rotors, Hawk HPS pads @ 93k

Cosmetically, I think the car is in pretty good shape. It is a 97k mile car and therefore has tiny chips and scratches, but no dings or dents. For full disclosure, there is no accident history on this car but I want to point out that a ran over a small piece of a tractor trailer tire that caused a small crack on the front bumper air dam, which I had replaced with a new BMW bumper cover. I also backed into a low pole earlier this year and had the rear bumper cover replaced with a BMW part. There is a lentil-sized chip on the rear bumper that recently appeared after a grocery store trip a few weeks ago, so I am sure you can understand my frustration lol.

Included with the purchase is one original key and a brand new key, OEM Thule roof racks and key, various tools including an oil housing wrench, Bilstein wrenches, thrust piece tool, and an extra TRW thrust arm.

I am happy to ship anywhere. Also, I am happy to FaceTime with the car, just give me a call/text at 703 209 5two57.

I am ready to sell now, no lien or whatever else. No payment plans.

Thank you and have a great week!

Last edited by Sail Boat; 07-20-2021 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0