07-18-2023, 11:46 AM   #12
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I'm old-school as well, but I like the term "partner", as it denotes someone working with you through life, not just the girl on your arm. Partner seems to have a longevity to it as well, like she's here working with me to make this happen, not just the flavor of the month.

It's all personal perception though, true partners are married, yet you will not see "wife" changed to "partner."
Agree on the first part, unlikely you go on a couple of dates with someone and call them your partner. It's a more serious commitment. I had lots of girlfriends where it was nothing more than me hanging out with a girl and friend, nothing serious, no commitment. I was fine with calling them "girl friend", would never have called them "partner".

I disagree on true partners needing to be married. I can do a project or business venture on a handshake (partners) without needing a contract. Depends on who and what we are talking about.