BetweenTheWheels
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acardoza83 View Post
https://www.bavgruppedesign.com/prod...ts-yx4mt-cfhp7

So after speaking to the rep they confirmed this kit was designed for the 2 series and the price listed is for both R and L side headlights.

Now we just someone brave enough to try it!
Did it.

Biggest PITA of any mod I've done on any car.

Watch outs:

- The front end of the car needs to come off. Not hard, just a pain. If I did it again I'd jack the car and remove the front wheels too.
- Most guidance online and on youtube is for butyl based adhesive. BMW and other German makes use permaseal headlights. I had to rebake multiple times and pry for a few hours on the first headlight. Second one was 30 minutes due to learnings from the first.
- I added an HID bulb along with a Morimoto projector housing for low beam on each side. I chose not to run it as a bi xenon set up (projector shutter is not energized) and I have a bright white high beam bulb in the high beam reflector housing. Not doing so means you will have an empty socket. I didn't care for that, hence my choice.
- Prepare for lots of trial and error on how to secure the halos and align everything. I had to use a dremel to cut the interior black plastic housing of each headlight to allow for the halos to fit. I also used wire to secure as I did not want to trust tape or plastic welds.

If you try it, leave plenty of time. And have bandaids. Lots of 'em.
Attached Images